Licensed Clinical Psychologist
(630) 986-0599 – (630) 629-6558
Jennifer J. Rose is a nationally certified school psychologist (NCSP). Dr. Rose has provided psychological services for students in diverse settings including traditional k-12 buildings, juvenile corrections, alternative schools, and psychiatric facilities. Dr. Rose completed her internship in New Orleans within the Louisiana School Psychology Internship Consortium (LASPIC).
Prior to becoming a school psychologist, Dr. Rose was a classroom teacher for nine years in Chicago Public Schools. As the former Tertiary Research and Evaluation Coordinator for the Illinois Positive Behavior Supports Network (IL-PBIS Network), Dr. Rose consulted with schools to address issues related to school climate and student social-emotional needs, and behavior. During her tenure with IL-PBIS Network, she assisted schools in implementation of universal screening using standardized instruments (e.g., Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire, SDQ; and the Systematic Screener for Behavior Disorders, SSBD). Universal screening is an efficient process to help identify students with social-emotional, or behavioral concerns that may benefit from early intervention.
Dr. Rose believes that the provision of academic equity for minority and low-income student is a powerful demonstration of social justice. Her efforts in this area are focused on consulting with public schools to assist in the engagement and empowerment of families of color; the implementation of interventions to help reduce the disproportionate application of exclusionary discipline for students of color and students with Individual Education Plans (IEPs). Dr. Rose’s work relating to increasing academic equity also include co-authoring several articles including, The Overrepresentation of African American Students in Exclusionary Discipline: The Role of School Policy; She has also delivered numerous presentations on the topics of equity and dis-proportionality.
• Ph.D. School Psychology, Loyola University, Chicago, IL
• M.Ed. Teaching and Learning, DePaul University, Chicago, IL
• M.Ed. Educational Psychology, Loyola University, Chicago, IL
• B.S. Communication Studies, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
• Equity in education
• School discipline
• Culturally-responsive implementation of positive behavior supports
• Wraparound and family engagement
• American Psychological Association
• National Association of School Psychologists
• Illinois School Psychologists Association